SWT / Delivery and returns
Fast and Secure Worldwide Delivery
We aim to dispatch all goods within 7 days of the order and will advise in writing if there are any exceptions to this. All orders for items that are in stock will be processed within 2 working days for dispatch and delivery. For further information see Delivery Terms below.
We will ship anywhere in the world but for areas with local or international restrictions and/or online trading restrictions. Some of our products from select manufacturers may have trading restrictions limiting their availability outside of EEA countries (i.e. Apeks, XDeep etc.). If you have any queries about these or where and how to obtain these products in your area, you are advised to contact us.
We reserve the right to cancel any transaction with a full and immediate refund where deemed necessary due to these or other restrictions (please see our Terms and Conditions). Certain products i.e. cylinder and weights may only be listed as available for Irish delivery only but if you wish to obtain a quote for larger or heavier items to be shipped outside Ireland, please contact us for available courier prices.
Please note: Risk of damage to or loss of the product shall pass to you at the point at which they are delivered, or a courier package is signed for. Please check any package for possible damage and make sure the parcel is intact, unopened and undamaged before accepting/signing for it.
Shipping and Charges
- Irish orders over €55: FREE inclusive delivery*
- Irish orders under €55: €5.50 + Vat
- European Community: @cost quote provided
- Worldwide non-European countries: @cost quote provided
The above also constitutes the basis of any refundable basic delivery charges stated in our Returns Procedures.
Products subject to special offers and/or discounted, on sale, including offers of free, discounted or exclusively priced Irish and international delivery charges will be shipped as one consignment only, once all items are ready for despatch. Part delivery of such items is only available at our discretion.
Depending on the size, weight and overall value of the goods we will use AnPost or courier service for Irish deliveries. For urgent delivery please contact us for quote.
VAT Exemption Non-EU customers will not pay Irish tax but are liable for any tax and duties in their own countries and responsible to clear the items with their own customs authorities. At checkout please select the country of the billing and delivery address and the Irish VAT will be deducted automatically.
We deliver to any location not subject to international sanctions and restrictions. International orders are shipped either via international couriers unless other arrangements are made by prior agreement. Although we do our best to ship using the fastest method, for international deliveries please allow up to 14 working days for receipt before contacting us. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about delays in local postal services abroad.
South West Technical Diving will not be responsible for any shipment rejected by clients (article 12) due to failing local tax/duties clearances or collection of good being delivered. Where such shipments are returned due to the customer’s failure to provide correct address, receive the delivery at the given address, clear customs, tax or duties in the receiving country — any additional return fees charged from and all relevant shipment costs will be deducted from any applicable refund for that purchase/dispatch. (Also see our Returns Procedures).
- If goods are to be shipped or used overseas, then it is your responsibility to ensure that the product is able to be shipped to and used in your country.
- We reserve the right not to accept returns or offer refunds (excluding faulty items) to countries outside of the European Union due to re-entry duties and the lengthy customs process.
If any order is returned to us because of a customer’s failure to clear it through their own customs and/or cover the required tax/duties in non-EU (VAT exempt) countries prior to delivery and/or in instances of their failure to clear it through and with the relevant courier service and/or due to the customer providing a mistaken/insufficient address or failing to receive and/or collect the item from any courier or postal delivery service for the provided address:
- Any refund on the purchase will be made only after the product is received back in unused and new condition at South West Technical Diving and any relevant duties, customs, penalties or additional fees (where applicable) in addition to any shipping charges whether outbound or inbound have been deducted from the original price of the goods.
- If you decline to pay customs duties once a product “lands” in your country of purchase, these will still be chargedby the relevant country and therefore will also be deducted from any refund once the product is received back.
Shipments & Delivery
- We will ship anywhere in the world but for areas local or international restrictions and/or online trading restrictions may apply. Some of our products from select manufacturers may have trading restrictions limiting their availability outside of EEA countries if an order is placed online (i.e. Apeks, XDeep etc.). If you have any query about these, you are advised to contact us for advice.
- We reserve the right to cancel any transaction with a full refund where deemed necessary.
- Certain items like cylinders and large or heavy products may only be available for Irish delivery and this will generally be outlined in their description. If you would like a quote for outside Ireland please get in touch with us.
- We aim to dispatch stock items within 24-48 hours. Any delivery date will be an estimate only. We shall not be liable for delays caused by matters outside our control. For Ireland allow 7 working days before contacting us and for worldwide deliveries allow 14 days.
- Depending on the size, weight and overall value of the goods we will use AnPost or courier service.
- Due to limited availability of some of the products we sell, a particular item may be out of stock or pending a delayed delivery from supplier. In that instance we will contact you with an expected delivery date. If you wish your order to be sent in more than one shipment, we may do so without any extra charge at our discretion. Alternatively, we can cancel your order in part or full towards a refund.
- Any claim based on any defect in quality or condition of the goods (fault and/or suitability for use) must be notified to us within 14 days of delivery in writing via our online contact formor by email or post – after which you will be deemed to have accepted the products. Any fault or defect which develops after this period needs to be notified to us as soon as possible for a speedy remedy (see our Terms and Conditions and Returns Policy.
- Risk of damage to or loss of the product shall pass to you at the point at which they are delivered or a courier package is signed for. Ensure you check any package for possible damage during transport before accepting it.
- For courier consignments we reserve the right to charge any extra fees for redirection to an address other than the delivery address specified in your order. If no delivery address is specified, consignments will automatically be sent to the billing address.
- All orders outside Ireland will only be shipped to the registered billing address. All orders paid via PayPal, domestic or foreign, will only be shipped to the PayPal verified address.
- Restrictions for orders to Russia apply. Currently deliveries by courier can only be made to business address. For Russia please contact us before placing an order.
- We will not be responsible for any international shipment rejected by clients due to failing local tax/custom duties clearances or collection of products being delivered. Where such shipments are returned to us due to the customer’s failure to provide correct address, receive the delivery at the given address, clear customs, tax or duties in the receiving country — any additional fees, including any return postage charged to us will be deducted from an applicable refund for that purchase/dispatch. Important Note: Once a shipment has arrived to a destination country, local tax and duties are payable even if the shipment is returned to us and will therefore be deducted in full from any refund.
- We cannot be held responsible for delays caused by AnPost or any other courier we use nor delays due to customs clearance or customer absence from delivery address. If any product is not collected at the delivery address within the timeframe specified by the courier/delivery service and dispatched goods are returned to us, you will be liable for any additional delivery charges.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
Our philosophy is only to sell equipment that we dive ourselves. As such we believe everything we supply to be off excellent quality and fit for purpose. We want you to fill the same way if you do not please get in touch with us straight away and we will do everything to help and leave you filling delighted. Consult our Returns FAQ below for more information on unwanted items, exchange and warranty returns.
Cancellation Before Dispatch
You can cancel your order for stock items at any time prior to dispatch towards a full refund. However, you cannot cancel orders for items made and/or manufactured to order including clearly personalised items such as certain dry suits, wetsuits or thinsulates once you confirm via email to go ahead with that order. Where such items are ordered and paid for, you will be advised of the personalised nature of the order in writing with the opportunity to agree to these terms or cancel the order towards a full refund at that stage. Should you cancel an order prior to dispatch we will reimburse you payments received from you within 24 hours (no later than 2 days) using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction.
In the EU you have the right to return a purchase within 14 days after delivery for a refund provided the item is eligible for the statutory “cooling off” period and in unused condition. Return postages are at your own cost and our postage costs may be deducted from any refund unless linked to a fault/defect claim. Due to re-entry duties and a lengthy customs clearance billing process in Ireland, we do not accept cancellations outside of EU countries after an order has been dispatched other than returns due to possible fault (see Faults and Defects below).
THREE STEPS TO CANCEL & RETURN
- CONTACT US FIRST
• Use the Fast Contact Formon this site or;
• Email us at email@example.com or;
• Call us on +00353 (0) 21471 4992
2. Receive our returns authorisation email with a returns authorisation form and instructions
3. Fill in and sign the relevant form then send the item (and its components) back to us
Please state your order number and date of order on contact as well as reason for return. You should receive a reply from our support staff within 24 hours. You are responsible for all return carriage charges unless an item is being returned for a fault or defect.
All returned items are shipped at the customer’s own risk and remain the customer’s property until received by South West Technical Diving, so please ensure they are packaged well and use reliable postal services with tracking facilities. The goods will naturally be inspected on arrival. Our returns address is:
South West Technical Diving (Returns)
Kinsale, Co. Cork
If you believe we should cover any return postage costs (applicable only to warranty items, defects or erroneous shipments) you need to contact us in advance for authorisation and guidance on shipping or collection methods acceptable for any reimbursement. We will not reimburse return postage costs without prior approval. For more information on warranty issues, check our MANUFACTURER WARRANTY page.
We are unable offer an automatic exchange for returned items. If you require an alternative item (and/or size) we will issue you a refund for the original item(s) purchased as soon as it is returned to us (less our postage cost). You can order the alternative item from our site before or after the refund.
CANCELLATION | RETURNS | REFUND TERMS EXPLAINED
EU Cancellation After Dispatch (Returns) Explained:
EU Returns 14 days. Non-EU international returns not accepted unless due to fault.
In the EU you have the right to return a purchase within 14 days for a refund (less postage) provided the item is eligible for the statutory “cooling off” period. You will have to cover the return cost.
The 14-day “cooling off” period will not apply*, among others, to:
- Any goods made to order, tailor-made or clearly personalised (including but not limited to dry suits, wetsuits, under suits)
- Items not held in stock or advertised but obtained on special order for a customer which cannot be restocked or resold
- Goods that have been mixed inseparably with other items
- Any part of a combination of goods listed under a single package price on special offers
- Goods subject to hygiene concerns such as undergarments, base layers, underwear, socks, catheters etc. if any seals have been broken
- Digital content including PIN codes and software upgrades
- Sealed content such as computer software, DVDs, CDs which you have unsealed upon receipt.
*After placing an order, where the purchase is made or manufactured to order and/or clearly personalised, you will be advised of this exception by email and asked to re-confirm by reply email that the details are correct and you wish to proceed with the order prior.
Organising Non-Warranty Returns
- If 28 days have passed by since your purchase and/or any item has been used, damaged, not returned in its original state and packaging, we cannot accept a cancellation or offer a refund.
- In the EU, if you wish to cancel your contract with us after your order has been dispatched the cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day of delivery.
- Please note that due to re-entry duties and a lengthy customs clearance billing process in Ireland, we do not accept cancellations outside of EU countries after an order has been dispatched other than returns due to possible fault.
- South West Technical Diving T&C can be read on our Terms and Conditions
- Ireland/EU: You must inform us of your cancellation in writing within the time limit stated above by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using our Online Contact Formor mailing us at South West Technical Diving (Returns), Hilltop, Mitchelstown East, Kinsale, Co. Cork, P17 N267, Ireland. You can also receive further advice by calling us on +00353 (0) 21471 4992.
- Once we confirm the return, we will email you a Returns Form which you are requested to fill out before proceeding with the return acknowledging that:
- You will bear the cost of returning the goods to us unused, with their original packaging and in ‘as new’ condition together with the Returns Form.
- All returned items will be shipped at your own risk and remain your property until received by South West Technical Diving.
- You must send any unused goods back to us within 14 days after the return has been authorised.
- Once we have received and inspected the returned goods we will process a refund of the price paid. If you return part of an order, we will recalculate any applicable delivery charge for the remaining part of the order and deduct this from the refund.
- You will be liable for any diminished value of goods resulting from handling other than what is absolutely necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods prior to any return. A deduction can be made in any refund if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling the goods more than was necessary. It’s reasonable for you to handle the goods only to the same extent that you could do so in our shop.
- If returned product(s) initially qualified for our Irish special delivery offer (delivery charge integrated in advertised product price for a minimum spend of 55 euro) or the product was only part of a number of goods qualifying for free delivery (delivery charge integrated in price of products based on total value) a deduction not exceeding the basic delivery charge of 5.50 euro can be made from any refund at our discretion..
- We will make any reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless we have expressly agreed otherwise, without undue delay and most likely on the same day the returned goods are received by us and not later than:
(a) 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
(b) (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or
(c) if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel your contract with us.
- Please Note: Due to online banking and accounting systems, if you have made an online purchase from us and for any reason we issue a partial or full refund, or if your purchase failed but appeared to have been paid for, there could be a slight delay in the correct transaction appearing on your statement due to account settling beyond our control.
*We reserve the right not to accept returns outside of EU countries (other than for faulty items) after delivery has been made. If at our discretion we do agree to a return, you will be responsible for the return postage as well as any re-entry customs duties that may apply and accept to wait for the customs clearance bill to be delivered to us prior to any refund.
We do our very best to ensure that products supplied by us are as described and fit for purpose. Despite these measures, there may be isolated incidents where a product could arrive to you damaged during transit, with a defect or fault. If you believe a product you have purchased from us is faulty or defective, contact us immediately before doing anything else.
In summary, faulty/defective items and/or any damage, fault or defect involving orders received from us have to be informed to us in writing within 14 days after the goods have been received. Should you believe a product you’ve purchased from us has a manufacturing defect or fault where it’s too late to reject the product(s) (beyond 14 days after delivery) it is your responsibility to contact us as soon as reasonably practicable. [For EU/international deliveries, please refer to the International Orders section underneath.]
- If you purchase a product that turns out to be faulty or defective within 14 days after delivery, you can choose to reject it and return the product for inspection towards a replacement or refund.
- If any product returned to usin a reasonable time beyond the 14-day period after delivery is found to be faulty or defective, we will organise for a repair or replacement free of charge at our discretion. The provision of a repair/replacement is conditional on our service engineers, agents and/or the manufacturer.
- If any product(s) returned to us are not found to have a manufacturing fault or defect, all postage costs paid for on our part will be added to any repair authorised by you or charged to you separately should you not wish to proceed with a repair.
- You must contact us in writing before returning any faulty/defective goods. Failure to do so will void any right you have towards covering any return postage. Only pre-arranged/approved return costs can be covered if the product is found to be faulty or defective. You can contact us by using our online contact form, email, post, phone or fax.
- You agree to take reasonable steps as requested by us to resolve the situation including, but not limited to, providing images of the said fault or defect, returning the item to us for assessment through a courier or postal service we authorise or ensuring its availability for collection.
- Please note that a fault developing during use, such as flooding or free flows etc., will require goods to be returned to manufacturer for warranty confirmation.
- Any damage to purchased equipment already delivered to you during subsequent travel including but not limited to dive or travel bags is the responsibility of the transit company and not the manufacturer. If any such damage occurs, we advise you to contact the transportation company directly.
- For manufacturer warranty, please remember that while your statutory rights are unaffected, we deal with manufacturers on your behalf if any warranty issue arises within the first 6 months after your purchase and thereafter at our discretion. Whether an issue is under warranty is ultimately up to the manufacturer (and authorised agents) of that specific product to be decided under the terms of their warranty and pending an inspection of the product. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- The time a manufacturer/distributor handles a warranty claim differs between manufacturer/distributor and can also be affected by their location. Regardless of location or manufacturer any warranty claims we receive will be considered and replied to within a maximum of thirty (30) days.
While rare in the diving industry, manufacturers may occasionally issue a product recall. A product recall is a request to return a product after a safety issue or defect has been found that could be dangerous or needs further examination to ensure the safe functionality of that product. Once a product recall is issued you agree not to use that product and to take appropriate action as advised by the manufacturer.
When you read about product recalls, they will usually be safety alerts from a manufacturer (and its distributor, supplier or vendor) following the discovery of a safety concern with a product. A public recall notice can be issued. In such instances it is your responsibility to follow the instructions and guidelines issued by the vendor (distributor, manufacturer, supplier) including returning a product for inspection, repair or replacement at the manufacturer’s discretion.
You agree, by purchasing any product from South West Technical Diving, to adhere to manufacturer instructions where a product recall notice has been issued.
(In the Ireland/EU if your purchase was made within the 12 months preceding a recall, we can organise a return at our cost or advise to return the product to an authorised agent closer to your location at our discretion.)
Wrong or missing items
This very rarely happens but if you believe you have received an incorrect item or you are missing an item from your order, please let us know as soon as possible and not more than 14 days after receiving a delivery by emailing or contacting our customer support team. The sooner you let us know the more time we have to remedy the problem, set aside an item that needs to be sent to you and ensure your goods can be despatched with a minimum of delay. We do our best, but mistakes can happen and if they do, we do our best to correct them.
To send back a faulty/defective product also check our Warranty Policy page for more information.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR NON-EU CUSTOMERS:
If any order is returned to South West Technical Diving by a courier service (inclusive of AnPost) because of a customer’s failure to clear it through their own customs and/or cover the required tax/duties in non-EU (VAT exempt) countries prior to delivery and/or in instances of their failure to clear it through and with the relevant courier service and/or due to the customer providing a mistaken/insufficient address or failing to receive and/or collect the item from any courier or postal delivery service for the provided address;
Any refund on the purchase will be made only after the product is received back in unused and new condition at South Wes Technical and any relevant duties, customs, penalties or additional fees in addition to any shipping charges whether outbound or inbound have been deducted from the original price of the goods.
If you decline to pay customs duties once a product “lands” in your country of purchase, these will still be charged by the relevant country and therefore will also be deducted from any refund.
South Wes Technical diving 2018