Designed by leading sidemount divers and instructors the Apeks WSX-25 Sidemount Harness is a one-size-fits-all sidemount system with a low profile wrap-around bladder and customisable 2″ (50mm) webbing harness. The Apeks Sidemount System comprising harness, wing, spine weight pockets and butt pack plus all the bungee and bolt snaps it requires is modular, made from high-quality material and has an attractive minimalist design. It’s wraparound bladder is trapezoid shaped and low profile, adjustable up and down the spine for perfect in-water trim and can also be removed. The inflator hose can be mounted on the left or right and pass up under the arm connected to any shoulder D-Ring. The pull dump is central to the back letting the diver dump air with either hand, while in a horizontal position.
- 12kg / 27lb lift
- Armoguard exterior
- Additional protective layer of Armoguard protects the bladder against abrasion
- Reversible inflator can be positioned on left or right side
- Grommets at lower corners to keep bladder streamlined to body
- Heavy duty 50mm webbing + soft webbing crotch strap
- Adjustable two piece SS plates for different torso lengths
- Heavy-duty waist buckle made of stainless steel
- Three pouch spine weight for up to 9kg/18Lbs total weight
- Zippered butt pack with stainless steel snap hooks
- 5 boltsnaps & required bungee
- 4x two inch stainless steel D-rings (2 angled on shoulders, 1 angled and 1 flat on the crotch strap)
- 2x “Slidelock” d-rings – one on each side of the waist strap (easy adjustment of cylinders throughout the dive)
- 2x d-rings on lower back for attachment of included butt pack and other accessories
Add your cylinders and regs, you’re ready to go!…
The Apeks sidemount bladder is constructed from Armoguard, a super-tough material normally found in public safety diving and military products. This smooth material is ten times more abrasion resistant than standard Cordura (the material used on many other sidemount harness bladders), making this a wing designed with serious sidemount diving in mind. The air cell is covered with an additional layer of Armoguard material for additional abrasion protection.
The Apeks “SlideLock” sliding D-ring is brand new and unique to Apeks. It allows the diver to easily change the position of the cylinders as their buoyancy changes during the dive. No need to clip your cylinder on and off, simply adjust the position of the D-ring during your dive.
The two-piece plate system is adjustable to nearly any torso length, making this a one size fits all system. The system also has individual webbing sections rather than one long piece running through the harness, which means the complete system can be quickly and easily adjusted. A very unique and innovative drop attachment point allows quick easy attachment of bolt snaps for various equipment.
A Flat E-Valve is used at the centre rear to maintain a low profile and still allow for dumping air with either the right or left hand. The dump valve is located more forward than typical sidemount air cells to make it easier to reach. Inflator and dump valve can switch locations if using Right side inflator configuration when using dry-suits. The air cell position can be adjusted up and down vertically to achieve optimum trim position while the bungee can be routed in several different ways.