These are the Terms and Conditions you agree to at South West Technical Diving Checkout prior to any online purchase made
Introduction & Status
The following terms and conditions set out the basis on which all goods (or “Products”) are sold by South West Technical Diving (or “We”, “Us”, “Our”) to the consumer, (“You”, “Your”) from our primary website shop.swt.ie(and all of its online redirects including www.swt.ie ) (“Site”). Any purchase of our products will be governed by these Terms and Conditions.
shop.swt.ie is an online e-commerce site with world-wide delivery maintained and run by the Irish-based “brick and mortar” South West Technical Diving dive centre. We are registered in Ireland under business number 561872. Our registered office is at South West Technical Diving, Hilltop, Mitchelstown East, Kinsale, Co. Cork, P17 N267, Ireland while our trading and physical address for contact (dive centre, shop & online order processing centre) is South West Technical Diving, Hilltop, Mitchelstown East, Kinsale, Co. Cork, P17 N267. Our VAT number is IE 1023072N.
Contract and Orders
- When placing an order with us, you are making an offer to purchase. The Contract between us commences only after we have agreed to the purchase offer and your order is dispatched.
- You can cancel your order at any time prior to dispatch towards a refund though orders for certain items (i.e. items made and/or manufactured to order such as drysuits and undersuits) cannot be cancelled once re-confirmed by you. Detailed extended Cancellation and Returnsterms are listed below under these T&C – please read them carefully.
- Any product(s) on the same order not dispatched do not form part of that contract where any item(s) may be on backorder.
- All products advertised by us are subject to availability. We endeavour to be as close as possible when listing expected dispatch times on our site and carry a wide range of stock. However, some items may be temporarily out of stock, stock level errors can occur and there may be unexpected supplier delays or backorders. We will inform you if this is the case and you have the right to wait or receive a full refund (or partial refund for items out of stock), but we cannot accept liability for delays as a result of stock issues.
- The description of any product is set out in the product listing on this site but products shipped may slightly differ from the images as they are for graphic representation only.
- We reserve the right to reject any offer at our discretion at any time. Online orders may be declined either in whole or in part at our absolute discretion and in the event any such order is declined, any payment submitted with the order, partial or full, will be refunded immediately.
- Property of the product(s) shall pass to you only after your payment has cleared and as of the date the product(s) have been delivered to you.
- All of our listed product prices include Irish VAT where applicable at 23%.
- Prices listed on our site are subject to change without prior notice but such change will not reflect on any purchases already made. Although we make every effort to ensure correct prices are displayed, mispricing can occur. We reserve the right, at our discretion, either to contact you for instructions if this happens or to cancel your order and refund and notify you accordingly.
- We will ship anywhere in the world but for areas local or international restrictions and/or online trading restrictions may apply. Most of our products are available for global delivery but certain manufacturers (such as Apeks, XDeep etc.) have trading restrictions limiting our distribution only to EEA countries for online orders.
- Orders from outside of Ireland will only be dispatched to the registered or verified account holder address while orders paid by PayPal will only be shipped to PayPal verified addresses (unless prior arrangements are made with us).
- By placing an order through our site, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering a binding contract between you and us and our respective successors and assigns. You also confirm that you are at least 18 years old and that you are aware of and accept our privacy, delivery and returns policies and terms as set out in these Terms and Conditions prior to making a purchase from our site.
- By placing an order through our site, you accept that professional training and certification from a recognised diving agency is required to use most of our products (and all products specifically made only to be used underwater). Any scuba diving equipment you purchase from South West Technical Diving is done so with the understanding that you are trained and qualified to inspect, prepare, maintain and operate that equipment within your limits of training and experience as well as the limits and purposes specified by the relevant manufacturer.
- By placing an order through our site, you accept to adhere to manufacturer, training agency and industry recommendations on equipment maintenance inclusive of but not limited to regular visual inspection and functionality testing, lubrication and changing of any O-rings where required, fresh water rinsing against limescale, chlorine or salt water damage after every inland/pool/sea dive and similar protective measures that are required to safely operate and maintain equipment made for underwater use.
- We aim to protect legitimate credit card owners from fraud and therefore will report to and cooperate with appropriate authorities investigating any person/entity attempting to use a card or payment method which they are not authorised to use.
- These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights and explicitly cover our Cancellations and Returns Policyand Warranty Policy which include faulty/defective items as well as South West Technical Diving Delivery Policy which you are advised to read by using the links provided and are summarised for convenience below.
- You are not entitled to assign or transfer any of your rights or obligations under this contract.
- This contract shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
CANCELLATIONS, RETURNS & REFUNDS
You can cancel your order at any time prior to dispatch towards a full refund so long as it is not a special order or tailor-made item which is already under progress. EU returns need to be made within 14 days of delivery. Due to customs and processing fees, returns outside of the EU (other than warranty returns) are not accepted. Please consult our Cancellations and Returns Policy for more details and if you wish to organise to cancel an order or make a return and for information on:
- Processing Refunds
- Faulty Defective Goods
- Product Recalls
TERMS OF DELIVERY
All orders for items that are in stock will be processed within 2 working days for dispatch and delivery. We aim to dispatch all goods within 7 days of the order and will advise in writing if there are any exceptions to this. While we do our best to get your order to you as soon as we can, please allow 7 working days for Irish and 14 working days for international deliveries. Please note: Risk of damage to or loss of the product shall pass to you at the point at which they are delivered, or a courier package is signed for. Please check any package for possible damage and make sure the parcel is intact, unopened and undamaged before accepting/signing for it.
It is your responsibility to receive your order at the delivery address provided at checkout. If any order is returned to South West Technical Diving by a courier service (inclusive of AnPost) due to the customer providing a mistaken/insufficient address or failing to receive and/or collect the item from any courier or postal delivery service for the provided address; because of a customer’s failure to clear it through their own customs and/or cover the required tax/duties in non-EU (VAT exempt) countries prior to delivery and/or in instances of their failure to clear it through and with the relevant courier service:
Any refund on the purchase will be made only after the product is received back in unused and new condition at South West Technical Diving and any relevant duties, customs, penalties or additional fees (where applicable) in addition to any shipping charges whether outbound or inbound have been deducted from the original price of the goods.
Non-EU/International deliveries: If you decline to pay customs duties once a product “lands” in your country of purchase, these will still be charged by the relevant country and therefore will also be deducted from any refund once the product is received back.
By proceeding to checkout, you accept these terms which are outlined in detail in our Terms of Delivery.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
Our Terms of Service and Conditions encompass our Warranty Policy and Terms of Delivery as well as our detailed Returns Policy. You can find these on our website using the links here or the top menu for more detailed information.
We want you to use South West Technical Diving again and again, so if you are not happy with the service you have received from us or have any advice or recommendations for improvements, email us at email@example.com, use our fast Online Contact Form or call us on +353 21 471 4992 any day. We are open every day.
If you have any complaints about your experience with us or any product you have purchased through us, we invite you to get in touch with us directly. For all correspondence and visits our trading address is:
South West Technical Diving, Hilltop, Mitchelstown East, Kinsale, Co. Cork, P17 N267, Ireland
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, use our fast Online Contact Form or call us on +353 21 471 4992 any day. We are open every day.
Online Dispute Resolution (ODR Process EU)
As of 2016 the European Commission has set up an online platform (the Online Dispute Resolution / ODR platform). This allows consumers who have a complaint about a product or service bought online to submit the complaint via an online complaint form to a trader based in another European country (including Ireland).
In cross-border disputes, consumers needing assistance in filling out the form and traders receiving a complaint will be able to get information and assistance from advisers based in their own country, who will work with their European counterparts to facilitate communication between the parties involved in any dispute. The link to this facility is : Online Dispute Resolution
2018 © South West Technical Diving – Online Trading Terms and Conditions