SOUTH WEST TECHNICAL DIVING
South West Technical Diving is an authorized dealer for all products advertised or sold through our store or online shop. Any product you purchase from us is covered by an original manufacturer warranty. All warranties, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration set by the manufacturer without affecting your statutory rights. Any warranty gives you specific legal rights in addition to your rights of cancellation and return. While extended warranty terms and conditions may differ between manufacturers and products, the following apply to all products purchased in store and online from South West Technical Diving.
PLEASE NOTE ALL WARRANTY IS APPLICABLE ONLY TO RECREATIONAL USE OF OUR DIVING PRODUCTS BY THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE AND DOES NOT EXTEND TO USE OF ANY PURCHASED EQUIPMENT FOR MILITARY, GOVERNMENTAL, RENTAL OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
WARRANTY, DEFECTS OR FAULTS
- By placing an order through our site, you accept that professional training and certification from a recognized diving agency is required to use most of our specialist products (all products specifically made to be used underwater) and that any scuba diving equipment you have purchased from South West Technical Diving is done so with the understanding that you are trained and qualified to inspect, prepare, maintain and operate that equipment within your limits of training and experience, as well as the limits and purposes specified by the relevant manufacturer. (Terms & Conditions)
- All products we have available for supply conform to all relevant British and European standards.
- All products sold by South West Technical Diving are supplied with a manufacturer warranty, the details of which are available on request.
- A warranty is non-transferable and extends to the original purchaser only, together with a valid proof of purchase. A warranty shall be void if any equipment is tampered with by a person (or persons) not authorized to perform service or modifications on behalf of the manufacturer after purchase.
- Product warranty does not extend to damages caused by improper use, improper maintenance, neglect, unauthorised repairs or modifications, third party battery leaks (where batteries are not supplied by manufacturer), if proper care of diving products as described by manufacturer is not performed or if any of these lead to accidents, fire, or casualty.
- Accidental damage, cosmetic damage such as scratches, chips, fraying and nicks, abrasions, punctures, cuts or tears, seam separation inclusive of damage due to prolonged exposure to chlorine or ultra violet rays are not covered by warranty.
- Damage, tears and/or leaks due to prolonged use, bending, kinking or folding, improper installation, strenous routing of Low Pressure, High Pressure, Regulator hoses and/or umblical torch cables are not covered by warranty unless the fault is established to be the direct result of a material or workmanship defect. Perishable rubber High and Low (Intermediate) pressure hoses cables are guaranteed for 30 days from date of delivery against a fault developing in either the materials, connections or workmanship during manufacture.
- Use of any purchased equipment from South West Technical Diving for rental, commercial, governmental or military purposes is not covered by warranty.
- Certain items, such as bulbs and batteries supplied by manufacturers as part of dive torches, transmitters, computer units etc. used underwater are only covered by time-limited conditional manufacturer warranties that commence on the date a customer receives the product. (Please also see Dive Torch Warranties underneath).
- As battery life depends on usage, charging methods and times, number of charges, ambient temperature and other factors including the type of battery being used, battery packs and batteries supplied with products (where applicable) are covered only by conditional limited warranties (often ranging from 3 to maximum 6 months depending on manufacturer).
- Floods, leaks, punctures, broken bulbs, battery leaks, battery drain/death due to erroneous use, charging, reverse polarisation, wrong charging port being used are not covered by warranty unless the problem is assessed as direct result of a material or workmanship defect. (See Dive Torch Warranties underneath).
- If there is a defect in any of the products you receive from us, we can repair or replace the defective product(s) at our discretion free of charge under our Faulty Goods/Errenous Items policy. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
- Any claim based on a defect in quality or condition of the goods (fault and/or suitability for use) received must be notified to us within 14 days of delivery in writing by our contact form, email, fax or post to reject an item ordered – after which you will be deemed to have accepted the products. If you believe a product developed a fault or defect for any reason after this period you need to contact us as soon as possible.
- We cannot accept any liability for the use of or damage caused by any scuba diving or relevant equipment purchased from South West Technical Diving by non-certified or untrained persons, or the use of equipment beyond its described depths or limits, or the use of equipment outside or beyond its intended purpose.
- Our detailed Warranty Terms covering defects and faults and extended manufacturer warranties for dive torches on this page is based on serving you in the best possible way while protecting you against the unlikely event of manufacturing defects.
None of the above affects your statutory/legal rights.
Faults & Defects
We do our very best to ensure that products supplied by us are as described and fit for purpose. Despite these measures, there may be isolated incidents where a product could arrive to you damaged during transit, with a defect or fault. If you believe a product you have purchased from us is faulty or defective, contact us as soon as you can before doing anything else.
- If you purchase a product that turns out to be faulty or defective within 14 days after delivery, you can choose to reject it and return the product for inspection towards a replacement or refund.
- If any product returned to us in a reasonable time beyond the 14-day period after delivery is found to be faulty or defective, we will organize for a repair or replacement free of charge at our discretion. The provision of a repair/replacement is conditional on our service engineers, agents and/or the manufacturer.
- If any product(s) returned to us are not found to have a manufacturing fault or defect, all postage costs paid for on our part will be added to any repair authorized by you or charged to you separately should you not wish to proceed with a repair.
- You must contact us in writing before returning any faulty/defective goods. Failure to do so will void any right you have towards covering any return postage. Only pre-arranged/approved return costs can be covered if the product is found to be faulty or defective. You can contact us by using our online contact form, email, post or fax. Details and further information are given on our Returns
- You agree to take reasonable steps as requested by us to resolve the situation including, but not limited to, providing images of the said fault or defect, returning the item to us for assessment through a courier or postal service we authorize or ensuring its availability for collection.
- Please note that a fault developing during use, such as flooding or free flows etc., will require goods to be returned to manufacturer for warranty confirmation.
- Any damage to purchased equipment already delivered to you during subsequent travel including but not limited to dive or travel bags is the responsibility of the transit company and not the manufacturer. If any such damage occurs, we advise you to contact the transportation company directly.
- For manufacturer warranty, please remember that while your statutory rights are unaffected, we deal with manufacturers on your behalf if any warranty issue arises within the first 6 months after your purchase and thereafter at our discretion. Whether an issue is under warranty is ultimately up to the manufacturer (and authorised agents) of that specific product to be decided under the terms of their warranty and pending an inspection of the product. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- The time a manufacturer/distributor handles a warranty claim differs between manufacturer/distributor and can also be affected by their location. Regardless of location or manufacturer any warranty claims we receive will be considered and replied to within a maximum of thirty (30) days.
To send back a faulty/defective product follow the instructions in our Returns Policy
WARRANTIES APPLICABLE TO
UNDERWATER TORCHES | BATTERY & HEATING SYSTEMS
You buy from South West Technical Diving because you know we only sell products that we dive ourselves. No information given here affects your statutory rights. It constitutes general information, recommendations and user advice regarding dive lights / underwater torches or sealed systems used underwater.
To assist you in understanding how most manufacturers will approach warranty issues when it comes to dive torches (regardless of where they are purchased from) we have listed hereunder “the essential” warranty conditions covering a wide spectrum of manufacturers (if not all) though none of these are in concrete and nothing affects your statutory rights. While all torches are checked and tested by manufacturers and further dry-tested by us before shipping, items can get damaged during transit, be defective or faulty. We want you to have a great experience with your product and with us. (For manufacturer specific information check Light-For-Me dive light warranties they offer). You can also read our Warranty Policy at top of this page.
- (As stated above) All warranties (shop/manufacturer etc.) only cover the original purchaser against material and workmanship defects and manufacturer warranties are usually time limited (without affecting your statutory rights). A warranty is not transferable to third parties. They are only applicable to purchases made from an Authorised Dealer with a proof of purchase.
- Warranty does not extend to damages caused from accident, improper use, improper maintenance, neglect, abuse, tampering, unauthorized modifications, transformation or repairs, third party battery leaks, cosmetic damage such as scratches, bends, fraying and nicks, use of any purchased equipment for rental, commercial, governmental or military purposes, theft or loss or where any of these lead to accidents, fire, or casualty. Service or modifications by any person or persons other than an Authorized Dealer and/or Authorised Service Technician of any underwater lighting product voids any warranty. Manufacturers will not be responsible for recovery or replacement of the product in the event of loss or theft.
- Certain items, such as NiMH, SLA, LiOn etc. batteries and chargers supplied with torches, are covered by manufacturer conditional warranties that commence on the date a customer receives the product and generally do not exceed 90 days (3 months) which commences on the date a customer receives the item.
- As bulbs are expendable items similar to batteries (item 3) bulbs broken after purchase are not covered under warranty.
- Punctures, (umblical) cable tear, breakage, rusting etc. due to accident or poor maintenance, results of using equipment in salt/chlorine water conditions and not rinsing with fresh water properly will not be covered by warranty unless it can be established that any of these are the direct result of a material or workmanship defect.
- Warranties do not cover parts subjected to normal wear and tear, including and not limited to the following: O-Rings, battery packs, umblical cables, front glass (surface scratches or damage on impact).
- Flooding and leaking of canister or hand-held primary and backup torches beyond the 14-day rejection period is not under warranty unless it is established on inspection that these incidents are the direct result of a material or workmanship defect on part of the manufacturer. Warranty repair or replacement procedures are at the discretion of the manufacturer and the authorised dealer.
- You have a legal right to receive a reply to any warranty claim within a reasonable period after a product believed to be defective/faulty is returned to an authorised dealer of that product, inspected by the dealer and/or manufacturer where required to assess whether there is a manufacturing defect. Products believed to be defective/faulty can be rejected by you in the first 14 days after receiving delivery, can be reported in for repair or replacement at discretion of supplier up to 6 months after sales and can be addressed to the manufacturer as a warranty claim thereon for a longer time (or through the authorised dealer at their discretion).
- You are expected to read manufacturer warranty documents prior to a purchase or on delivery of products which you should consider before using an item within its unused return period. A number of manufacturers will cover their products against manufacturing and workmanship defects for over 6 months from the original date of purchase but will also state that if defects happen during that period, they will only be obliged to repair or replace the defective part or product at the manufacturer’s sole discretion.”
The following restrictions apply to all warranty claims: Warranty does not extend to damages caused by improper use, improper maintenance, extended use on the surface, neglect, unauthorized repairs, modifications, accidents, fire, or casualty. Cosmetic damage, such as scratches, fraying, and nicks are not covered by warranty. Warranty does not extend to equipment used for rental, commercial, governmental, or military purposes.
It is in your best interest to ensure any underwater lighting system you receive from any supplier is defect-free on delivery as soon as possible (usually within 14 days after delivery). If you believe the parcel/package has been opened or damaged during transit, or the product you received is defective, damaged or faulty for any reason, do not sign for it – but if you’ve done so already, don’t use it and get in touch with the supplier. Do not dive any torch you suspect may have a problem. If a torch develops a fault or appears to be defective after the initial 14-day rejection period after which it’s already been used, get in touch with the supplier as soon as practicable to organize a return, inspection and a resolution process.
Manufacturers and suppliers will expect you to know how to prepare, maintain and use an underwater torch. Inspect all O-rings, lubricate them as recommended, ensure any component of an underwater lighting system is sealed and tightened properly before a dive. Check charger and battery compatibility/functionality as soon as possible (if applicable) and use only reputable original batteries if batteries are not supplied by manufacturer. Avoid rechargeable batteries unless approved and/or recommended by manufacturer. AVOID leaving any dive torch under direct sunlight on the surface, leaving them switched on while above water, leaving any O-rings exposed to elements, allowing O-rings to dry, storing dive lights that have been in salt/chlorine water without properly rinsing and cleaning them. Follow manufacturer instructions for maintenance, charging, safety and maximum depth.
* None of the above effect your statutory/legal rights. Read our Full Terms and Conditions and Returns Policy for further information on how we can help deal with any problems.
** See below for Light-For-Me dive torch warranties.
IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED LIGHT-FOR-ME TORCH
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING MANUFACTURER WARRANTIES
The Light for Me Warranty
Light-For-Me’s manufacturer warranty terms which you will receive with any underwater lighting system are listed below as provided by the manufacturer. For any warranty claims for purchases made from South West Technical Diving please contact us for return instructions after consulting the FAULTY/DEFECTIVE GOODS section in our Returns Policy.
Light for Me Manufacturer Warranty
- Light-for-me products are guaranteed against manufacturing and workmanship defects for 12 months from the original date of purchase. Battery packs supplied with products (where applicable) are covered by a 6-month warranty period.
- The warranty is valid only for the original purchaser with a sales receipt/invoice and filled and signed return form, both should be obligatorily sent with the complaint item(s). Should you need to contact LFM directly and make a claim, go to the Customer Service Centre at help.light-for-me.com and follow the instructions given there.
- To register a product for service, a service ticket shall be opened at help.light-for-me.com
- Complaints are processed within 30 days [after a product has been received at the LFM service center in Poland and inspected].
- Defective products or parts thereof will be repaired or replaced at the manufacturer’s discretion.
- The manufacturer is not liable for any damages resulting from other equipment or accessories used with light-for-me products.
- The cost of delivery of the faulty goods to the distributor / service point is covered by the Buyer, who must ensure that the goods are adequately secured for transport. The delivery of the complaint item back to the Buyer is covered by the service point provided the service/repair falls under warranty conditions. In case of repairs that are not covered by the warranty, the delivery costs to and from the service point are covered by the Sender. (*For any warranty claims for purchases made from South West Technical Diving please contact us for return instructions after consulting the FAULTY/DEFECTIVE GOODS section in our Returns Policy. )
- The decision whether service of the complaint item(s) should be treated as covered by the warranty or not is taken only by an authorised service point and is final.
- The complaint item(s) along with the required documents must be returned to the distributor / store where they were purchased from.
- [If a fault develops within 6 months after purchase from South West Technical Diving and it is believed to be a manufacturing defect, the item would need to return to South West Technical Diving in accordance with the Returns Procedure. To qualify for manufacturer warranty after the initial 6 months a service ticket needs to be open with the Light For Me Service Centre directly and any return items are required to be sent to the service center.]10. Any mechanical damage resulting from misuse or storage, and any unauthorized dismantling, modification or structural modification of purchased equipment will void the warranty.
- Any unauthorized opening of light-for-me product’s housing, any inner modifications and/or service work immediately voids the warranty.
- The warranty in particular does not cover:
– Mechanical, chemical, thermal or deliberate damages
– Breaking of the cable connecting the head with the canister (umbilical torches) or E/O connection cables.
– Connectors of multiple use (RCA, E/O);
– Damages to E/O heads resulting from improper connecting the head to other accu e/o (improper polarity connection).
– Damages to the battery pack due to deep discharge
– Any damages caused by flooding of the torch, E/O head or accu E/O
– O-rings: used or damaged as a result of natural usage
– Damages resulting from improper usage and storage of the equipment
– Damages resulting from usage of unauthentic / improper parts
– Damages resulting from User’s fault or ignorance
– Wear and tear of the equipment, codura covers, protective cases and/or bags
- The above-mentioned damages are repaired during the warranty period for a fee. The total cost of repair will be given prior to any repair work. The repair service will not start repair work until the entire work charge has been paid.
- The liability of the Manufacturer is limited to the price of the advertised product. The manufacturer is not liable for any loss, damage, accident or other claim arising out of the use of light-for-me products.
- Placing an order means that the Customer has read, accepted and agreed with the given warranty conditions.
DOWNLOAD THE ORIGINAL LIGHT-FOR-ME WARRANTY (PDF)